borlinoleather

Which Is Better Tote Bags Or Messenger Bags

I honestly don't think it is as simple as one being better than the other, rather which one your customer prefers. It's a preference plain and simple. I have customers that prefer messenger bags, and I have customers that prefer totes. I never really get into the why's, because my job is to make it and sell them what they want.

I am curious though, what made you ask this question?

Karina

Most of customers discuss, whenever you present both with Different price, then any one must know the reason, what the merit it has.

Ok in my humble opinion:

Messenger bag has a flap to close and protect contents and more complicated construction for gussets and hardware. Thus a bit more costly

Tote has open top construction, more like an open bag, easier construction, one piece with no gussets often and little if any hardware . Thus a bit less costly

Is that what you were after??

You are welcome, hope that was helpful.

I think of a tote bag as a more casual, female one you grab and chuck something into while shopping on a weekend whereas a messenger bag is more formal and brought to work and meetings with all your papers, books etc inside you need for your day. Either bag can be dressed up or down depending on materials/ style used to make it.

Just rambling on :)