I haven't posted in a while, and they seem a little slow coming lately, so here's what we've got to add. It's a ranger style, I drew the belt pattern but I didn't choose it, it's made to match a pair of boot tops the gentleman had made some time in the past. Dyed background, with the leaves and flowers under resist and the rest oiled to a little darker color. Twelve Clint Orms conchos, six with his brand and six with a stone set in them and a finger carved back. It was a joint project, I tooled the belt and Arvis did the color and finish.

DSCN2595.JPG DSCN2593.JPG DSCN2591.JPG

post-5526-1223005309_thumb.jpg

post-5526-1223005326_thumb.jpg

post-5526-1223005345_thumb.jpg

very sharp belt!!...i really like when the inside liners have the decorative cut designs...definately adds to the overall finished/professional look :thumbsup:

darryl

Jim, you continue to be a true inspiration! Gorgeous belt!

Hilly

Beautiful Belt !!

That's really spectacular. Thanks for sharing. I agree with Sodapop -- the decorative cuts on the inside really add a nice touch.

Kudos, -Alex

Beautiful belt...Awesome:-)

wow - that is something, really nice carving and construction - love the custom metal work.

I have a question though - how do you approach the math for the

spacing of the conchos in relation to the buckle and the "perfect" hole...

wow - that is something, really nice carving and construction - love the custom metal work.

I have a question though - how do you approach the math for the

spacing of the conchos in relation to the buckle and the "perfect" hole...

I'm not good at math usually but this I can do, it's simple or I'd have to call in my teenager, I measure from the center (fold to center hole to find center) measure outward to the tapers or in this case the billets because it was a ranger, as far as you want to spread the conchos, divide that number x the number of conchas you're using and you'll have the right spacing to cover the distance you have to work with. That's probably not how a math teacher would do it but it works for me.

VERY NICE BELT ! ! !

Could you post a photo of the billets ?

Also love to see full photo of the lining .

GREAT WORK

Very nice, Jim and Arvis! :thumbsup:

Crystal

Absolutely Stunning!! Very clean, & sharp design! Thanks for sharing,,, Ed

I haven't posted in a while, and they seem a little slow coming lately, so here's what we've got to add. It's a ranger style, I drew the belt pattern but I didn't choose it, it's made to match a pair of boot tops the gentleman had made some time in the past. Dyed background, with the leaves and flowers under resist and the rest oiled to a little darker color. Twelve Clint Orms conchos, six with his brand and six with a stone set in them and a finger carved back. It was a joint project, I tooled the belt and Arvis did the color and finish.

I am new to this site and wow that is so perfect. How did you do the back side? looks like swivel knife work?

Your work is amazing.

Regards Buff

You can't go wrong with a belt like that. 5-Star+!

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana:

Edit: The darn belt is too nice to wear!!

Edited by Bree

We talked about this belt the other day but is deserves saying again. Great Job!!!!!

Beautiful work, J R. The finger cuts on the back are a reminder of works I've seen by Ray Poja and Bob Dellis. Clint's shop is about a mile from my house, so I recognize this as a very expensive piece of work with the fine craftmanship on your part and the sliver by Clint. Thanks for the chance to see it.

Paul

Edited by sheathmaker

Beautiful belt! How did you know my size? I'll send you my address to mail it to! LOL

Great work.

Art

Carving is awesome, raises the bar