TheShiek2008

Tooling Stingray?

No tooling that I can see. Airbrushed all the way.

Chuck

I agree that looks like airbrush all the way. On his site he lists them as handcarved stingray seat tatoos.

That is what confuses me. Hand carved? I didn't think stingray can be hand carved lol. I was thinking it was an airbrush of some sort. How would you are brush something like that? Just spray whatever design you want...then how would you seal it from the elements?

Probably like yo would anything else clear coat accrylic.

I disagree with the airbrushing theory.

I recently picked up a dremel and have some old scraps of stingray sitting around from a cuff I made some time back, so I played around with this after seeing a spiderweb done on a bike seat. Basically the more you grind/sand off the tops of the black glossy pearls, the more white and flat they become giving depth and shading. Well that's if you're skilled and practiced anyways, I'm glad I was using scraps.

While I disagree with this guy calling it hand tooled or hand carved, I can't think of anything better to call it. Hand etched maybe? I digress. This fellow obviously has some great skills with a grinder.

For proof just look closely until you find the spine(white diamond) it's all been ground down.