OurJud

Slim, Minimalistic Wallet Help

You don't need a stitching pony, I've been making things for over 10 years and never used one.

Now that's what I wanna here! Just out of interest, though, how do you manage to saddle stitch without a pony?

I don't think you're the first to mention Le Prevo so I'll certainly be taking a look there. Thanks.

WScott, that's not to say I'm dismissing your clamps idea. :)

Edited by OurJud

I don't use a stitching pony and I haven't had issues with saddle stitching. You just have to keep track of which side is top and bottom and be sure to thread the hole in the same order and give the threads a tug in the right direction (top thread tugs up and bottom thread tugs down). I once made a stitching pony and found that it just got in the way for the smaller items I'm doing. If it were a belt or any stretch more than 6 inches I bet it would be useful to me.

I made a pony years ago, the T type, it only takes a few hours if you have access to a shop, which I realize is not the case for everyone. Mine was made decades ago, and is about as subtle as a scissor jack, but it works well enough I have stuck with it.