wlg190861

Womans Suede Wallet

Say, I've been trying to make these wallets, at first I was rolling the edges to make them look nice but, I cant keep the edges lined up striate when sewing . So I went to this style thinking it would work better. I still need to improve on my sewing but, I was wondering if anyone has a good way to dye the edges on the suede without getting dye or marker all over the place.

All advise is more than welcome

Thank you

Dan :cowboy:

post-39507-0-96556500-1394634570_thumb.j

post-39507-0-40677500-1394634612_thumb.j

post-39507-0-99613700-1394634663_thumb.j

No tips sorry. I started writing this to yoiu, but it came out so well I'll post it.

A gift of a piece of suede motivated a deeper look at leather work and joining this forum. Making a small purse stands as my first project.

I am soliciting tips for sewing suede (like from a jacket) using a home sewing machine.

I purchased some leather needles and a piece of stabilizer,but that's as far I as I have progressed.

Thanks,

BTW. I grew up in Chicago and traveled through WI for family connections and sales work.

I also find that if I dampen the leather just a little, it tends to reduce the wicking beyond where you want it to stop.

Tom