needles

Anyone Tried One Of These

http://www.sew-europe.co.uk/ankai_2972.htm

supposed to be exact copies, that part should be good, but guess it really depends on quality of materials used

what do you guys think

nobody tried one?

I may need to replace my old 29k, In which case i need something very similar multi directional, and preferably in the uk

any ideas

nobody tried one?

I may need to replace my old 29k, In which case i need something very similar multi directional, and preferably in the uk

any ideas

My advice is try it before you buy it to ensure that it sews a good stitch. Inspect the body castings for sharp edges that might cause problems with the motion of the various parts. Make sure the presser foot drive ring rotates smoothly 360 degrees. The presser foot should not have measurable slack forward and backward, or stitch length will suffer above 3mm. Get a warranty in case something bad happens after you get it home.

thank you wizcrafts. things are looking up a little today, Ive replaced all springs on the 29k,, just resetting the tensions, its starting to sew thin leather now, (big improvement) but not properly, hoping its just the tension now, but will know tomorrow.

will know tomorrow, hoping its sorted but if not I'll try to see if i can inspect

thanks mate

Al

Edited by needles

All good advice from Wiz. Wiz is....well.....a Wiz at this stuff! Also, what is the price they are asking?

Bob

its ridiculously cheap for new, to be honest, thats why asking if anyone had tried or seen one, only £499.00 plus vat at 20%

if i can get the time Ill try and arrange a visit but they are about 4-5 solid hours drive away,

I suspect it is made in Taiwan as the casting looks a bit neater than the Chinese machine but I could be wrong.

Open the rear cover plate and stick your finger in. The Chinese machines usually have bits of swarf (metal shavings) floating around and this suggests nonexistent quality control.

thanks Anne that's worth knowing

I suspect it is made in Taiwan as the casting looks a bit neater than the Chinese machine but I could be wrong.

Open the rear cover plate and stick your finger in. The Chinese machines usually have bits of swarf (metal shavings) floating around and this suggests nonexistent quality control.

Just what my Singer 29K-72 silver blue color has together with allot of other casting errors inside the head too. My advise is getting an Adler class 30. LOL

Its not an exact replica of a 29K-72. The -72 has a long arm and big bobbin, the machine in the picture is a short arm with small bobbin. Not that this matters much anyway. This is a cheap clone clone model, it do not cost much regardless of brand. Try out machine and support.

Good luck

Tor

thanks guys, i havent had chance to move much on this yet, works been too busy not complaining though. after say that i have had to hand sew a few things that my old machine would of wizzed through and saved loads of time. must get my but into gear soon