mattsh

Smith & Wesson 4026 Dummy

A gentleman at work is wanting a holster made for his father-in-law who is a retired policeman. His service pistol was a Smith & Wesson 4026.

I have a S&W 5906. Does anyone know if the 5906 will work as a dummy for the 4026?

Thanks,

Here are comparative pictures. I have the Dads. A 39 and 59. I strongly believe they are all on the same frame and grip.

http://www.handgunforum.net/smith-wesson/28983-my-two-latest-new-me-5906-4026-a.html

No, a S&W series 59XX will not work for a series 40XX hoslter. The 40 cal slides are just shy of 1/10 inch wider than the 9mm slides and also have a larger profle when viewed at the muzzle. S&W specifically designed the 40 cal guns so that no one could mount a 9mm slide on a 40 cal frame.

A standard ( i.e. not TSW version ) 4006 would work for a 4026 holster if you tape a piece of dowel, or other filler, above the magazine release, where the frame mounted "decocker" lever is located. Otherwise, you may be able to design the holster so that the decocker is not covered. If you don't have a 40XX and can't get access to your coworker's father's gun, you could use a 40 cal blue/red/aluminum replica.

Good luck.