This is a sling I made off of my prototype pattern. All in all I'm pretty happy with it. I need to make some adjustments in my layout and the dye job. The lettering gets lost in the dark dye. I used 8/9 oz with a padded 2/3 oz suede lining. I even made my own keepers. The finish is Feibling's spirit tan with a top coat of hand rubbed beeswax and neetsfoot oil. For the stitching I used 207 top and bobbin. Thanks for looking and as always critiques are welcome.

Jon

post-27800-0-98887600-1396193831_thumb.j

post-27800-0-38641800-1396193834_thumb.j

post-27800-0-29640100-1396193836_thumb.j

post-27800-0-07225000-1396193841_thumb.j

post-27800-0-18038300-1396193843_thumb.j

I like how the lining turned out. How did you get it formed so well with the parring? What is the padding made from?

Bluesman, that turned out pretty nice. You definitely put the effort into it and it shows.

I used a close cell foam for the pad. Cut it on on a 45* angle and it gets me the radius. Works really well. Thanks

could you post a picture of it attached to the rifle, please? The workmanship is beautiful.

Very Nice!!!!!! I need to make a rifle sling for my FIL but need a pattern or find time to make a pattern. Yours turned out nice!

Sorry i don't own a rifle. I making these for some cutstomers. Thanks for the input. The patterns are pretty basic. You can also get one from Tandy.