Lobo

New Home For Lobo Gun Leather

Like many of us I operated in my home for many years. As order volume increased my wife finally put her foot down and I leased a small shop for production. A year later I moved into larger quarters, and that worked out all right for 5 years or so. Last month I acquired a free-standing commercial building and we are now moved in.

Main room is 12 X 24 feet with two 8-foot workbenches, two desks, dye station, stitcher, small bench for drill press, some shelves, and a small refrigerator. In the back are two restrooms, furnace & A/C, some shelves for storage, safe, and two tables for laying out work during finishing and shipping. Lots of natural light all day from two 6-foot picture windows oriented southeast and west.

Will be adding more shelving and a few other improvements, but for now we are fairly comfortable and back into full production with 40 pieces this week.

Best of all is we now have no close neighbors so we can pound away and make all the noise we want to.

There is also a tavern right next door with good lunches and ice cold beer.

post-7487-0-49285500-1396724013_thumb.jp

post-7487-0-99202200-1396724029_thumb.jp

post-7487-0-17500400-1396724038_thumb.jp

post-7487-0-39257000-1396724048_thumb.jp

post-7487-0-55417900-1396724062_thumb.jp

Very nice looking space

How many people working in there, is this your full time job?

Full time for the past 6-plus years, part-time for 36 years prior. Just me and one assistant who has been with me for 4 years now.

Looking good Lobo.

You had me up until "beer" :)

My 'spot' is 12 x 26', but just one room. No separate storage, so I'm always feeling cramped. Still, I could double that space, and soon as I here a bottle open, no more workin for today !

With the shape of the building it would look good with an old town sherif theme on the outside. Looks like a good space.

That is really good looking, Lobo, . . . nice to have your own digs for the shop.

Personally, . . . I was thinking a cigar store Indian would look really cool just outside the main door, . . . but you decorate however it strikes you.

May God bless,

Dwight

I could never work in there. Not nearly enough junk for me to trip on, step over, and dodge. Yet. :spoton: Nice looking digs. Congrats.

Looking good! I like the sandwich baskets! I came across a bunch of old lunch trays that I use.

Congratulations on the move. I know how tough those can be. And to remind me, I'm moving the shop next monday from Wichita, KS to Dallas, TX. Continued good luck!

I just moved out of the 12 X 24 into the 24 X 24 garage. "Course my move was about 20 yards.

Looks good. And I agree with Cheifjason. Lordy, some people are so neat :).

Way to go Lobo, way cool shop. Good luck with the new location.

Bob

You had me up until "beer" :)

My 'spot' is 12 x 26', but just one room. No separate storage, so I'm always feeling cramped. Still, I could double that space, and soon as I here a bottle open, no more workin for today !

I have always believed that it is better to have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.