The elephant is from Roje and much firmer temper than the remnants I've inlayed from Springfield. The belt was a real bear to get a good edge on. Thoughts/critiques welcomed!

DSC_0018_zps324b5369.jpg
DSC_0015_zps185c21e3.jpg
DSC_0011_zps187e21fb.jpg
DSC_0007_zps2d019836.jpg

What kind of heartless idiot wears elephant hide these days? Probably has ivory grips on whatever death machine that he carries in it too! :no:

Before you start calling people names, you should have all the facts. Since the elephants will be legaly killed anyway would you prefer their hides to be left in a pile to rot. I see you use dead animalhides as well. As long as he is using legaly obtained hides what's the problem. The leather industry is not driving the killing of the elephants.

The source of all African elephant skins come from culls once the elephant heard reaches destructive numbers to African tribes and nature. It’s very similar to our deer season in the United States. Without culling, African tribes would loose their homes and possibly become trampled to death. Designers, manufactures, and leather enthusiasts should not feel emotional or have guilt for using this leather as we are not creating a demand rather using a by product. We deal with reputable international partners who abide by all regulations and we never sell poached hides.

Edited by camano ridge

I'm actually the customer and that was a tongue-in-cheek jab at Rob. Because it actually was for an ivory gripped pistol. Sorry about that, bad joke I reckon.

IMG_3101b.jpg

Good, now I won't have to hunt you down and turn you into a holster. :rofl:

That holster is a nice home for that Ivory gripped pistol.

I'm actually the customer and that was a tongue-in-cheek jab at Rob. Because it actually was for an ivory gripped pistol. Sorry about that, bad joke I reckon.

IMG_3101b.jpg

As a 1911 aficionado...... I hate you,,,, I soooooooo hate you... you are so lucky! Damn what a nice combo!!!! BRAVO to you both!!!!!! :clapping:

Someone has to laugh at our jokes Craig, sadly it's ourselves at times :thumbsup:

Someone has to laugh at our jokes Craig, sadly it's ourselves at times :thumbsup:

I thought it was funny but you're the only one that would've gotten it. ;)

1st. That holster belt combo is very very nice. I still haven't had the chance (Guts) to use any exotics. That 1911 is a dream shooter. I LOVE IT.

Since we are on the subject of evil people using banned products, did you fine folks know that you can still get legal Ivory? I haven't ordered any in a while but I get it from a custom cue stick parts dealer out of Las Vegas. A google search should get you going in the right direction. As soon as I replace my 1911 I plan to try my hand at making ivory grips.

Added info: I still have the link in my favorites, get your Ivory here. http://www.cuecomponents.com/aboutus.html

Edited by Fredo

Not for long. Our illustrious president has signed an executive order banning the domestic ivory trade. Unless something is done to stop it, it will become effective in June.