landm42006

Copying A Color

Hello all.

I purchased a pair of Allen Edmonds shoes, in a color called Burbon. I got these shoes at a steal, but the color is very unique, and I cant find a belt that matches the shade of the shoes.

Any ideas on how I could make my own belt (I have 1 1/4" wide dress veg tanned belt blanks) but I don't have any idea what colors I need to combine to achieve this effect.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Marty

Show us a picture if you can.

Try a shoe repair shop. Mine has a good selection of dye and has been happy to show me how the dyes look when I've asked. You may have to set your sights on 'pretty close' rather than 'exact match'.

If you happen to know anyone who does excellent body work on cars, . . . he is familiar with paint and colors.

I spent 30+ years in a paint factory, . . . we had guys and gals who could look at one sample, . . . and the desired sample, . . . and just babble off "add 1 x amount of blue, 3 x amounts of yellow, 1 x amount of black, . . . that'll do it",...........and it was so uncanny that they were right.

Take your shoes to one of them and the closest dye you can find, . . . let them advise you, . . . color is color, . . . whether it is on shoes, firetrucks, or women's hair.

May God bless,

Dwight