starvist

Help With New Pfaff 335

OK - thanks for the advice all.  

Sark is correct, that plate should be sitting flat against the arm. Yes, that part you're pointing to is the hook and it should NOT touch the needle at any time. It looks like the shuttle assembly needs to be adjusted to the right. That is also most likely the explanation for your top thread catching. As Uwe said, best thing is to have someone who knows what they're doing look at it.

Uwe's and dikman's advise is great but just a thought sometimes the best of us has put a needle in back to front and this in my experience this will show the same problem at least in hitting the hook,but please follow dikman's advise and As Uwe said, best thing is to have someone who knows what they're doing look at it. That is a big needle in there.

Regards Brian

Hello,

I have Pfaff 335-G. All was going well until the thread bobbin thread started breaking and I was getting a birds nest. I tried adjusting tension to no avail and then started messing with the bobbin tension. Tried re-threading multiple times, changing stitch length and still nothing worked. I had previously fixed the timing on my server so I made the decision (probably then wrong one) to go ahead and take a look at the timing with the adjustment manual as a guide. I’ve now adjusted the timing soo many times to what the manual said and even tried it a little bit different but it still won’t work!! :(  I checked the height of the needle bar against the manual and it was not the same so I adjusted it. This may have made things worse and I was stupid enough not to record the previous needle bar height. I have purchased the timing tools the manual lists and have used them so the timing is as the manual stated but it doesn’t work. It creates loops but sometimes on the second go around the hook seems to catch both the upper thread and the bobbin thread and pulls them around at the same time. When I add power it just gets all tangled and breaks the thread. Occasionally the top bobbin thread will form a few stitches but the top thread forms a bird nest. Also, the bobbin thread seems to fray when I pull on it. I’ve made sure I’ve threaded that correctly too. I think it has something to do with its position it gets in when the upper thread first catches it and pulls it through. It gets pulled through this little hole, gets stuck and then breaks. I’m afraid I have totally screwed up the machine even though I’ve adjusted it to the manual. Even double checked I had the right manual. 

Anybody have/had a similar problem? 

Any advice? 

Thanks!!