Purchased this from a friend to give to my American Legion Post. Ask all to remember, all that served and those that gave all. Wish I had been good enough to have done this myself.10374244_273725816140531_779729181_n.jpg

Very nice and someone researched the Department of Heraldry and put the Service emblems in the correct order. They are displayed from left to right by the date they were established, the Army is the oldest service, the Marine Corps dates the Navy by a short time, most people don't realize that the USMC is older than the Navy. I like this, thanks for sharing.

Chief

Ken Harper, Chief Warrant Officer Three, USA (Retired)

Disabled Veteran from the Vietnam Era.

Edited by Chief31794

ThankYou! Chief this was done by 22 year Army Veteran I am making a leather frame for it today, I was Army 68-71 and always said Not to Foreget What so Many Gave. Thank You to all those who served and gave not only today but everyday.

Hey PaPaw, that is a beautiful piece of work. I am sure that it will be deeply appreciated. I want to thank you and Chief and all the other veterans, that fought and served, and died so that Americans can cookout on Memorial Day. Most people now, just see it as a paid holiday, they never even think of what it cost so many. When you consider the people in the military who served, the families that had fathers, husbands, brothers and sisters, that came back from the wars with either physical or mental injuries, or both, I do this and I think everyone should tell them thankyou for what you did for our country and me personally. My big regret is that I couldn't pass the physical to serve. When I turned 18 in 1970, I tried the Army, Marines, and Navy. I guess I became somewhat of a country hippie, but if somebody wanted to fight a longhaired,hippie, redneck, all they had to do was make a bad comment about a person who, was or had served. I'd give'em what they wanted. My dad was in the last year of WWII, and the first part of Korea, wounded in Korea. My wife's dad almost lost a leg in Korea, came home healed as best as he could and then served in the National Guard, he died way too soon at 43 years old, from old wounds and health problems caused from war. Pretty much the same for my Dad, died at 54, from bad health brought on by war injuries. Anyway mine and my wife's utmost thanks for all of our veterans and all who served so that we can work on leather and write on the computer in American, and not some other language. May you all have a truly Blessed Day on this day. Billy P. ALL GAVE SOME AND SOME GAVE ALL, please let us a nation never forget that.

ThankYou! Chief this was done by 22 year Army Veteran I am making a leather frame for it today, I was Army 68-71 and always said Not to Foreget What so Many Gave. Thank You to all those who served and gave not only today but everyday.

Thanks for your service.

Hey PaPaw, that is a beautiful piece of work. I am sure that it will be deeply appreciated. I want to thank you and Chief and all the other veterans, that fought and served, and died so that Americans can cookout on Memorial Day. Most people now, just see it as a paid holiday, they never even think of what it cost so many. When you consider the people in the military who served, the families that had fathers, husbands, brothers and sisters, that came back from the wars with either physical or mental injuries, or both, I do this and I think everyone should tell them thankyou for what you did for our country and me personally. My big regret is that I couldn't pass the physical to serve. When I turned 18 in 1970, I tried the Army, Marines, and Navy. I guess I became somewhat of a country hippie, but if somebody wanted to fight a longhaired,hippie, redneck, all they had to do was make a bad comment about a person who, was or had served. I'd give'em what they wanted. My dad was in the last year of WWII, and the first part of Korea, wounded in Korea. My wife's dad almost lost a leg in Korea, came home healed as best as he could and then served in the National Guard, he died way too soon at 43 years old, from old wounds and health problems caused from war. Pretty much the same for my Dad, died at 54, from bad health brought on by war injuries. Anyway mine and my wife's utmost thanks for all of our veterans and all who served so that we can work on leather and write on the computer in American, and not some other language. May you all have a truly Blessed Day on this day. Billy P. ALL GAVE SOME AND SOME GAVE ALL, please let us a nation never forget that.

Billy P, thanks so much.

Chief

Just for the record:

Birthdate, . . . US Navy, . . . October 13, 1775

Birthdate, . . . USMC, . . . November 10, 1775

May God bless,

Dwight

That was because the navy didn't know forsure when it's date was.

The Marine Corps has had precedence over the Navy since 1921 because the Marine Corps has been very consistent in citing its origins as the legislation of the Continental Congress that established the Continental Marines on 10 November 1775. In contrast, the United States Navy until 1972 gave various responses to the question of when it was founded, often citing legislation dating from its reestablishment in the 1790s. At the time the order of precedenceof the U.S. services was established, the Navy was using the dates from the 1790s, as its founding, and hence was viewed as a younger service than the Marine Corps. Despite several efforts to reverse the Marine Corps/Navy order of precedence in recent years, it has not occurred.

In fact, the Continental Navy was created before the Continental Marines. On 13 October 1775 Congress enacted the first naval legislation providing for the outfitting of two warships. This marked the beginning of the Continental Navy, the forerunner of the United States Navy. Almost one month later, 10 November 1775, as an extension of that naval legislation, Congress resolved that "two Battalions of marines be raised." Following the Revolutionary War, both services went into abeyance. When they were reestablished in the 1790s, the reestablishment of the United States Navy preceded the reestablishment of the Marine Corps.

An order by the Marine Corps Commandant in 1921 designated 10 November 1775 as the birthday of the Marine Corps. Over the years, the U.S. Navy cited two other possible dates as founding events, the legislation of 27 March 1794, "to provide a naval armament," authorizing the construction of six frigates under the War Department, and the act of 30 April 1798, which established the Department of the Navy.

Despite the existence of these alternatives, the U.S. Navy for fifty years celebrated "Navy Day" on 27 October, as proposed in 1922 by the New York Navy League, in honor of President Theodore Roosevelt's birthday. The Navy had no officially recognized birthday until 1972, when Admiral Zumwalt, Chief of Naval Operations, with the advice of Vice Admiral Edwin B. Hooper, Director of Naval History, authorized observance of 13 October as the Navy Birthday

Not that it matters they are there and All Are Honored

Edited by papaw

Correct, and the department of heraldry designates the order of the seals as I said, Army, Marine Corps, Navy and then the Air Force and when the Coast Guard is displayed, as it should be, it comes last.

Chief