Riemer

Unavoidable Creasing?

I need help figuring out how to get my leather not to crease. I started off stitching everything by hand and didn't have this problem. Now that I'm using a sewing machine (Tippmann Boss), I have to turn the corners inside out to stitch them, which often leads to creases. Is there anything I can treat the leather with first before I stitch to prevent it from creasing? Or perhaps a way of stitching that would prevent this? Either that or maybe there is a way to remedy the problem after it occurs.

post-41905-0-07040500-1401496673_thumb.j

May need to adjust the pressure on the presser foot. Looks like it is holding the leather as you turn it.

Have you tried to call Tippman?

I asked tippmann before I bought the machine what I should use for this application. They just said i needed the center presser foot. I will try to decrease the presser foot tension, as it does seem to exacerbate the problem. However, the creasing tends to happen simply because I have to turn the leather inside-out, regardless of my stitching it or not.