danky01

Nigel Armitage And Stefan Ludlow

I am just getting started in leather work and I have been talking to two people who I think are both two of the best people I have had the experience to communicate with. They are Nigel Armitage of Armitage Leather and Stefan Ludlow of Ludlow Leather Supply. Both of these guys are just great people.

Thanks guys.

Danny

Edited by danky01

I have dealt with both Nigel and Stefan.

Nigel has some great videos on his site, which show the proper way to hand sew leather, with the proper tools, and how to maintain the tools. Thanks to him my hand sewing has improved in quality and is now much easier to do.

Ordered my harness needles from Ludlow Leather and have been very pleased with them. Great quality.

Fred

I could not agree more about Nigel Armitage. I learned more about stitching watching his videos than I ever could have any other way. Most important of all has been to give careful thought to stitching. I have been able to develop a few techniques of my own, and to adapt my technique to different situations. His messenger bag video is really good, and makes a beautiful bag that is now in my project queue. I probably could have reverse engineered my own from the video, but I decided to pony up the $17 to buy from him. I got a useful design, and at the same time got to give him a thank you donation.

I have yet to deal with Stefan Ludlow, but I will be later this week. I need some tiger thread. It's comforting to know in advance that he has happy customers.

Bill

I strongly recommend Nigel's messenger bag pattern. Great pattern and tutorial video to go along with it!

Edited by Hi Im Joe