earlthegoat2

Cb 3200 Max Thickness

So this a question I think I probably already know the answer to because I have looked at the specs. However, I read a post from a few months back which alluded that a CB3200 could stitch up to 7/8". Now, this was just one reference and I have seen countless references to the 3200 being able to sew a max of 1/2".

The reason I ask is because I would get the 3200 today if it could sew 3/4" and that is the only reason I am holding out for the 4500 as that maximum thickness is kind of the make or break. All the other specs fit my needs.

To add confusion to myself, the Toro 3200 is advertised as having a 7/8" capacity and it seems to be a similar machine to the CB3200. Maybe not though. I could be mistaken. All they may share is a designation number.

So I am just looking for definitive clarification and maybe some explanation on my confusion before I buy the 3200 or hold out for the 4500.

Don't let the Artisan 3200 machine confuse you regarding the Cowboy 3200. They are different animals. The CB3200 has a maximum unaltered thickness of 1/2 inch. If you reduce the lift of the presser feet to minimum, you may be able to eek out 5/8 inch under the feet. But, it may leave some ugly tracks, as you will be at the top most alternating position of the feet.

If 3/4 inch is a requirement, the CB3500, 4500 and 5500 all exceed this, sewing up to 7/8 inch. I have sewn almost 1 inch on my CB4500 by minimizing the lift of the feet and sewing one stitch at a time, with the pressure spring all the way down.

Thanks again. I had a feeling something was different about the CB and the Toro.

I will be making purchase soon of a 441 like the CB4500 or Cobra 4.