anthonyg1382

First Seat...need Some Help.

Recovering a "bitch pad" with veg tanned leather. Has any one done this with a heavier leather and if so could you post some pics or give some pointers?

I dont have any pics, but I do it the same as recovering a seat, heavier leather for the top(5/6oz, 7/8 if any tooling) and thinner leather for the sides (3/4oz). You can go heavier on the sides if you're wet molding, it just take alittle more work to get it all smooth.

as johnd already said and patterns depend on the pan for the P-pad...

post-19140-0-35083600-1411602188_thumb.j

How do you keep from having a bulky seam with the thicker leather?

I laced the p-pad in the picture I posted also the shape of your padding and what you use for padding will make a difference I use high quality neoprene 1" thickness. ..hopefully this helps.

Im just using regular waxed linen and doing a cross stitch...I guess I could do the same with lacing but I don't have the tools to do lacing yet. He wanted to keep the factory foam in it so it's like 4" tall.

ok duh! I just tied this and your other post together I'm slow on Mondays now that I see what you did with the PILLION PAD and got more of an idea I would have turned the leather inside out stitched on the flesh side and so on so forth just my 2 cents.....