Sign in to follow this  
Red Cent

English Script

I have committed to make a holster. The holster will go to his son, a United States Marine that is on embassy guard duty somewhere. He will be given the holster when he returns to the States. Now the problem. He wants the initials SMB in English script on the holster. Did I ever get a surprise when I looked to buy a "set". The price is around $70.00.

Does anyone know of an inexpensive set of English script stamps? Or will someone loan me the three letters? I am not trying to impress but I gave him a price of $20.00 and I hate to spend the $70.00.

Or should I buy the set and wait for the orders to roll in? :)

You could print out the letters and trace them to the leather. Then cut, cut and tool, just tool....etc. Given the fine lines of that font, you might consider using just cuts for the fine work, and inverted carving for the thicker areas of the letters.

Carnac the Magnificent says, "This holster is for a Ruger P95." :whistle:

Go to Springfield leather. Check out the Gold Club Advantage program. Price is $25.99 for 3/4" letters. Ask me why I know all this. lol :rolleyes2: I'm going to mark those off of my must have tools list now. lol

To Springfield I go.

You can grab a wood burner for ~15$ and a stencil for a couple bucks. Or just use MS Word to get any script you would like.

Hey, I have all that stuff. Swivel knife, stamps, hot knife, soldering guns with burn tip, etc.....As a matter of fact, I was given a lot of this stuff by a friend and cowboy who moved out of state. But I ain't ever tried that stuff. I guess now would be a good time to learn.

Good idea.

Red cent if you need some one to do the laser porto on I can give you my guys name

Thanks Glockanator. There is a guy locally on another forum that might do it with a laser.