Hey a customer asked me if I could make him a foam padded sling I was looking for suggestions as to what kind of foam to use and a good place to buy it?

William, I get mine at walmart, in the school section. It's fairly thin and is already glued on the back, just cut and remove the paper. I'm sure lots of people can tell you where to get more expensive stuff, but this works good. Cheryl

I dont disagree with Double C, but to me it all depends on the environment where the sling is going to be used. If it is lightly that will see rain, sweat, and any moisture for that matter, I would use close cell foam. The same thing used for Motorcycle seats.

Use Neo foam, like yoga mats, it is closed cell foam, 1/8inch 1/4 inch....very cheap and super durable...BUT not as cushy as open cell foam....if using open cell foam just use stitching foam, comes in 1/8, 14, and 1/2 inch...u can get it from local upholstery shops....has fabric on one side so you can stitch over it !!! Keepthe fabric side up for better wet protection.