I got this design from a guy on youtube, I made this test holster and as you can see its not done but I like it so much that I'm going finish sewing it and use it. the gun is secure and really concealable and doesn't interfere with the body.the back has two straps with snaps held by eyelets sorry for not showing the back

post-38874-0-04915300-1416159674_thumb.j

Edited by mike6642

Nice belt.

I'm lookin' forward to seein' the holster finished and get a pic of the backside.

It kinda, sorta, if you squint your eyes and turn you head reminds me of an avenger style holster I usta carry my snubby in.

442holster_zpse60c82e2.jpg

Personally, I like my holsters to cover the muzzle.

I'd like to see that stitch line a little closer to the gun. With use the leather may loosen up.

yeah your right about the stitching , this was a test holster but I like it so I finished stitching it and here is the back. the holster holds the gun really nice and when I wet formed it I pushed the gun to far in the holster causing the barrel to stick out a little but the sight is still back.

here is the back side of that holster

post-38874-0-54916800-1416241303_thumb.j

post-38874-0-77777600-1416241372_thumb.j

I like those straps. Sometimes my travels take me through the fascist republic of Maryland and their archaic anti-gun laws. I havta put my snubby in a lock box.

That'd make taking the holster off a lot easier.

I try to stay in West Virginia or Virginia but sometimes I need to travel either through MD or go somewhere in MD.

I'm in the process of making that style holster for a friend, the gun is a 380 bursa I'll post the pictures

I am a little confused about the holster. The fit is going to get loose but it is a nice design. I believe it is a left handed OWB holster. Two things; the holster is riding a little high on the belt. It might work if it was a pancake or an Avenger style. The holster will not remain close to the body. Or are the leather straps attached at the top of the holster?

I agree with Red the stitch line is way too far from the trigger guard and the retention you have now will definately loosen up. You can still add another stitch line.

Edited by camano ridge

Red, you are spot on. At first I wasn't seeing eye to eye on your comment, after a closer look, I could not agree more. If those straps are not secured to the top, the gun will always swing outwards or turn upside down. Talking about retention, those Kahr pistols fdo not have many places you you to get molding right for retention. Most of the retention comes from the details on the the trigger guard, yours is not there. I would bring the stitch line on the trigger side at least 1/4 inside. That way, you are stretching the leather when wet molding bringing up all the details and with details retention will not be an iaaue. just my 3 cents.

You both are right I have to bring stitch in to trigger guard and the straps are sewed and have two eyelets holding strap in place.even though gun sets high the gun is secure and doesn't bother your body.I saw the guy on youtube demonstrate the holster. You would be surprised how secure the gun is and you can draw gun without telegrahing your draw

Mike, not questioning the tension or security of the holster. It will become really loose as time goes by unless you do another closer stitch line. The "setting too high" refers to where the center of balance is in relation to the belt. With a very light handgun, it would work and it probably works well now.

" you can draw gun without telegrahing your draw "

Now you done it :). As an old gun guy, I am interested in that statement.

Thanks for all the advice,as you can see I'm new at this but I love it, I saw this guy on youtube talk about this holster,so I thought I try it.I'm going to make some changes and post new one soon.I read a post where red cent talked about tnuts with 6/32 screws for snaps, I'm going to try that