Johanna

Free Copy of "Shop Talk" Available!

I just got off the phone with Dan Preston, publisher of Shop Talk, the magazine for those in the leather business. He offered to send anyone from this site a complimentary issue if they email or call the office 540-434-9845 and request one and mention that you heard about the offer here on Leatherworker.net.

This magazine is chock full of informative articles, ads for suppliers, interesting things to know and sales, deals and what's going on in Leather Land. You will probably want to subscribe- and if you do, please tell them Johanna sent you. Thank you Dan, for doing this for our folks!

Johanna

Edited by Johanna
fixed typo in email addy

Had an issue with the email address but got it figured out!!

shoptalk@proleptic.net

Just got off the phone with them and they are excited about sending copies to everybody here!

William

I had the same issue with the email. I sent it again with the one you posted.

What a generous offer from these folks. I hope they get a good response. Johanna has been pestering me for a long time to check them out, guess I'll finally do it. :yes: Thanks for making it so easy.

Shop Talk is a great magazine. The advertisers are great reputable companies that can cater to every sector of the leather trades. Hard to find tools and supplies are advertised in most every issue. The annual "Big Book" is worth its weight in gold in my mind. It lists suppliers for pretty much any thing needed or wanted for anyone's leather shop.

Thanks Johanna. I just sent them an email.

Thanks very much Johanna for this offer and all the other hard work you do.

Johanne

The Australian

Thanks Johanna. I just sent them an email too.. :coffeecomp:

Thanks from me to sent them email this morning.

Josh

Did anyone notice they published an article about LW this month? Way to go Shop Talk!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

(Let ST know you heard about their magazine from LW if you call!)

:thankyou:

(thank you Dan!)

Thanks Johanna . . . just phoned in and they said they will send the February issue. Psyched to get it. There number changed to 207.494.3600. :rockon:

Some how I missed this old thread and found the free offer on my own when I went to check on getting a subscription. Anyway, this offer is still going on, they're mailing mine today. So go get yours if you haven't already.

Someday, I'm going to learn to look at the date that something is posted. It was only after I sent my email in and read down to "Kustom's" post that I learned it was almost a year old. That they are still going to honor the offer is a feather in their cap, for sure.

Thanks Johanna . . . just phoned in and they said they will send the February issue. Psyched to get it. There number changed to 207.494.3600. :rockon:

I called the number and could not get through, i found out the number is 207.495.3600...

I just found this post. Sent an email and just heard back from them. Their #207-495-3600 He asked we post their new phone number. And the offer is still good.

Charlie

If they send you the August 2009 issue, be sure to read the profile on Shelly in the "Women in Saddlemaking" article. It's a really nice interview with some photos of her saddles.

Mike

Edited by Mike Craw

Quote "Thanks for your interest. I will send a Sepember issue in a couple weeks.

Where did you get the 540-434-9845 telephone number? We have moved and the

correct # is 207-495-3600. I would like to correct it from wheever you saw

it."

looks like we'll be getting the September issue.

Charlie

Thanks for the heads up, I sent an email for a copy. I got a copy of thier mag. a few years back, nice mag.

Thanks

Tom

Some how I missed this old thread and found the free offer on my own when I went to check on getting a subscription. Anyway, this offer is still going on, they're mailing mine today. So go get yours if you haven't already.

Got my free copy in the mail today, August 2009 issue. That was quick.