alexitbe

My (First) Sewing Machine Is Here..29K33....its Heavy ;)

Hello Shoe Patcher,

I would appreciate that line sketch of the long rack with measurements, if you cannot scan it 1:1.

The k33 is funny, in many cases it follows the k30, but in others not.

The short rack, long rack, shuttle, shuttle carrier, shuttle carrier gear, driving pinion and following pinion of the k33 are not the same as the k30.

However the short rack(8599) is the same for k33,k1 and k4

long connection rack(81963) is different(longer) to both the k4 and k1 and seems to only be shared by k32

driving and following pinions (33513 & 8508) of the k33 are the same for k1 and k4

shuttle hook/body (8654), shuttle carrier(8605) bobbin(8604),of the k33 is same as k1 and k4

shuttle driving cam(81871) and gear(81872) of k33 is same as k4, but not k1

I wonder if it is not possible to buy a short rack an attach it to a replacement home made long connection rack....

Cheers

Alex

Thank you everyone for your help!

After some thought, I think I have a good solution. I can get all the correct parts except the long connection rack/rod.

...So what do you think about this idea?

Most important is to have the correct teeth on the long connection rack so shuttle moves the correct amount at the correct time. I will look for a long connection rod (from the 29k range), which has the correct teeth to fit the driving and follow pinion of the 29k33. This will take time to research. Then I will mill a recess about 4-6" long along the connection rod, near (to minimize the effect of any build errors) the teeth. I will fit a rod of metal in this recess, slide the end of the original connection rod to the correct length (I will need some pics of a machine for this). Then drill two holes and fix the 3 pieces solidly together. That way, I have a genuine Singer part in my machine, but one that fits.

Its just an idea at the moment.

Alex