Erystawi

What To Do With This Old Bag?

Hello, I am a fan of reusing hardware, buckles and such, and went to a lokal reuse marked and found a red bag. Didn't like it at first, but hey, buckles looks REALLY nice to cut out and reuse! Once at home, with knife in hand, I looked at the buckels and it says Mulberry... and I like, what?? this cannot be, its coated canvas, not leather. It has the mulberry tree on all of the rivets, all sides of the buckles, says made in England written in goldt on pocket inside, but it really seems old, like old coated canvas. So my consern is, is this a authentic Mulberry Blenheim vintage coated canvas (1971-1996?) (yes, I had to google it) and I need to put my knife down, or is it a fake, and I can reuse buckels, pretty strong buckels?

any ideas? :)

post-50633-0-73653300-1417216339_thumb.j

I personally love red And That is so well made and beautiful I would use it for a laptop bag, etc. I'd never cut it up. However I don't know who Mulberry is :)

Hello, yes I too have grow fond of the little red bag and its charm, its not big enough for a laptop, a good size motorcycle wallet and some other small stuff is all one can fit in this one. :)

It's so hard to tell size when an object is alone when photographed. I think it's absolutely beautiful, really i do. Cheryl

HEY! BE CAREFUL!

I must admit I hadn't heard of Mulberry before now, but I've just been searching the Net. Mulberry are described as 'Timeless British Luxury', and their leather bags retail for hundreds of pounds.

This may be some kind of budget range, but even so, it won't be cheap. It's worth holding back on the slashing knife and finding out more.

Even if it's counterfeit it looks so nice it's worth keeping it as it is and doing a bit of gentle cleaning/preservation/restoration - you can get buckles from many suppliers, or another secondhand bag or two

Just been Surfing the Net

Similar style canvas coated Mulberry bags ( though not as nice in my opinion ) are going from £50 secondhand to £295 new. What's that? About 421 Euros or $472 ?

Keep the bag unharmed !

Personally I would get it checked and if it is legit, hold onto it. It's surprising what you can find in second hand stores. I scored an older legit Burberry London purse in a Value Village for $20CAN

Thank you so much for comments, I will not knife this bag ;) its a fun red bag, think I will hold on to it for now

Eva

The bag look fantastic :thumbsup: , I will buy a matching pair of heels just to go with it, if it is leather, it will be a big waste to recycle those parts