LedoMetio

Hello From Germany

Hello Leatherworker's Community!

My name is Melanie, and I come from a small village in Germany.

I am happy of having found this wonderful website, and I am looking forward to get in contact with other leather workers to exchange pictures or getting tips from you well-experienced leather artists, since I am infected by the leather bug for several months now and just can't stop carving, tooling and stitching!

The gallery shows wonderful pieces of art, and I hope to train my skills to reach this level of experience, too (as well as my English, sorry for the mistakes...)

So, happy tooling!

Melanie

Dein Englisch hoert sich sehr gut an. Du wirst hier viele Sachen finden koennen. Und scheue dich nicht zu fragen. Die Leute hier sind super freundlich. Von wo bist du? Ich bin die Frau von "Itch", Isabel, und bin aus Duisburg urspruenglich.

Liebe Gruesse aus Tennessee.

Hi! Ich komme aus dem schönen Westerwald, etwa 40km von Koblenz entfernt. Was hat dich in die USA verschlagen?

Hello Melanie and welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the best site on the internet! As you can see, we a truly a global family of leatherworkers, and we're glad to have you with us.

Hi! Ich komme aus dem schönen Westerwald, etwa 40km von Koblenz entfernt. Was hat dich in die USA verschlagen?

Mein Mann ist schuld. Ich habe ihn vor 17 Jahren geheiratet waehrend meines Florida Urlaubs. Und dann musste ich eben hier bleiben.

Na, da gibt es aber schlimmeres :-)

Das klingt doch sehr romantisch!

Hello Melanie, and welcome to the site. Happy that you have found this great place to share and learn.

No longer good enough to write in German but still have the ability to read and speak, to some extent. My time in Germany found me primarily in Nurnberg, the largest city I frequented, and small villages in that area such as Stein, Gebersdorf, Zirndorf, Furth, Ansbach, and more. Enjoyed my time in any part of Germany I had the opportunity to visit. Attempted to visit the entire country and interact as best I could. Many memorable moments for me. I still think of the many friends I made there, places I visited, my workplaces, and the superb selection of foods and beer. Oktoberfest was always fun, Garmisch was adorable, as were many other areas, Munich, Stuttgart, Frankfurt, all had special attractions for one to enjoy. I am sitting here, writing this and dreaming of the past.

God Bless.

Ray

Hi Ray! I'm happy to hear about your good memories of your stay in Germany. Especially the southern part has beautiful places, we like to spend our holidays there (and eat a Haxe)

To all I like to say Thank You for the warm welcome!

Hi Ray! I'm happy to hear about your good memories of your stay in Germany. Especially the southern part has beautiful places, we like to spend our holidays there (and eat a Haxe)

To all I like to say Thank You for the warm welcome!