Charliewz

Ending Lacing

Lacing around a single piece of leather. How do you finish when you meet up with the beginning?

All the videos and articles I've been able to find only show how to finish when lacing two pieces together.

Trying to put together a Tandy clutch purse kit. It's a bust anyhow, I can't tool and it looks like crap. But would like to know how to finish the lacing anyhow before I trash can it. Charlie

You simply tuck it under the existing laces...or, pull tighter than the rest of the lace, trim flush on the back side, then tease the end back into the hole a little bit. As long as you don't tell anybody......you can use a drop of super glue to keep the end nicely tucked away.

TwinOaks is right about how to end on a single piece of leather. I am lost in trying to figure out how you only have a single piece of leather when you are working with a Tandy Clutch Purse Kit. The kits typically have the interior parts pre-assembled as one large unit which includes the "lining" section that will go onto your tooling back; that would make your two layers of leather. If your lining piece does not cover the entire tooling back then you should start and end your lacing in a section that does have two layers.

Thanks for the help Twin Oaks and NV Leather. Yes it is a liner glued to the front, very thin though and didn't want a lump there.

I appreciate the guidance. Chief also helped me figure it out. Thanks to everyone on this forum, great place.

Charlie