I had a go at Monica's violin wallet (thanks for posting it!) and here's what I came up with.

I couldn't get a clean cut on the f-hole so I decided to stitch it on. And my pockets came out a bit tighter than I would have liked, but cards go in with a little force.

This is the same leather I used for my tote bag, 3-4 oz utility oil tanned, and 4-5 oz kodiak oil tanned.

post-52450-0-25238300-1418564935_thumb.j

post-52450-0-35870400-1418564944_thumb.j

post-52450-0-47589200-1418564952_thumb.j

post-52450-0-60442600-1418565449_thumb.j

Edited by rawr66

Ha, I like yours better. You could probably leave off the f-hole altogether, honestly. The stitched outline definitely gives the idea, though. Great idea on the strap and f-hole, I think I might use your idea when I make it again.

I actually made the whole pattern a bit larger..... sorry, should have mentioned. And forgot to see if Tboyce would change it. :-/ I'm not very good at making patterns on the computer, so I just imported it to photoshop and enlarged it a bit. (and them promptly forgot I had done it.)

Is the utility oil tanned the awesome papery looking leather? It's sweet!

Wonderful job! The textures! It's neat to watch something evolve and I always learn from the way everyone approaches and handles various challenges.

Thanks for sharing.

Monica, I ended up stitching the f-hole because the two pieces of oil tan won't stick together with contact cement, and because you get two impressions of the violin on both the inside and the outside. And I really just winged it on the strap, but I like how it turned out. Yeah, the red leather is the utility oil tanned.

Rosiart, thank you. I'm always learning with every project.

Edited by rawr66