I made this one for a friend of mine. I made so many mistakes on it I'm going to start over. I wanted to put 2 size 16 snaps on it but it is too thick for them to go on so I think I'll put a single size 20 on it instead. also I keep making the same mistake with sizing, does anyone have any guidelines on how to size a bracelet? If I measure a wrist at 8.5 inches I figure 9 inches between snap holes should be enough, but It seams to small, I wont know till he comes around to try it on. I just don't want to make it to loose either. I'm actually thinking about making a tape measure out of a piece of 8 oz strap so I can just avoid this kind of guessing.

any other input is welcome also.

post-57572-0-48747000-1419231916_thumb.j post-57572-0-22222400-1419231919_thumb.j post-57572-0-69636000-1419231920_thumb.j post-57572-0-79482200-1419231921_thumb.j post-57572-0-79482200-1419231921_thumb.j

When taking a wrist or neck measurement I put 2 fingers under the tape. It seems to be just about the right amount of ease.

Ray

Overall it looks good. I do see a few of the edge holes are out of line but mostly pretty good.

something to keep in mind is the size (radius) of the actual snap as that will affect the snapped length. A size 16 snap (female end) has a radius of 3/8" so if you go 9" on a 8.5" wrist, it only leaves 1/8" free play. So unless your measurement is exact, it probably will be too tight.

** feel free to correct my math if I'm off

I remade it last week, and went with a thinner material, and spaced the snaps at 9.5" on center. as soon as I figure out how to attach pictures to a reply I will.

Overall it looks good. I do see a few of the edge holes are out of line but mostly pretty good.

something to keep in mind is the size (radius) of the actual snap as that will affect the snapped length. A size 16 snap (female end) has a radius of 3/8" so if you go 9" on a 8.5" wrist, it only leaves 1/8" free play. So unless your measurement is exact, it probably will be too tight.

** feel free to correct my math if I'm off

I always measure my holes on center, as apposed to from outside edge to outside edge or inside to inside. I assumed that that would make it so the diameter of the hole would have no affect on the measurement, but I could be wrong about that.

DSC 1615

DSC 1613

I like the stitching better, but I don't like the name or the dye job, I have since built (if you can call clamping 2 pieces of wood together building) a jig for name stamping. Any way George was thrilled. Good thing my friends aren't as picky as me.

The thickness will affect the length/fit.

As far as looks go, as long as the customer is fine with it....

Have you been in Leather Couture at the Container Park?

The thickness will affect the length/fit.

As far as looks go, as long as the customer is fine with it....

Have you been in Leather Couture at the Container Park?

I haven't even been near downtown in so long, I didn't know such a place existed, I might just go check it out on my days off.