jlsleatherworks

Snubby Holster - Critique Please

After a few dozen chew toys and a few for personal use I have finally constructed something I don't mind showing others. It's not perfect and a long ways from where I want to be but I finally feel like I'm making forward progress in this craft. Please give your opinions so that I can learn from this one to make the next one even better. Thanks!

post-16677-0-88760500-1419991949_thumb.j

Here's what I see that **might** improve the aesthetics: The stitch line under the muzzle has an odd angle- it should be parallel to the stitch line for the top of the revolver....&....personally, I think an open muzzle is better because any lint/dirt/etc. that happens to get into the holster can fall through.

Other than that, I think it'd look better sitting on MY table. Very nice job on the coloring and stitching.

First, thanks for the compliments. The stitch line is one of the glaring mistakes for me this is the first time I have successfully* completed this pattern the last attempt I had the stitch line too far in and try as I might couldn't get the gun in the holster so this time I moved it out and screwed up the angle in the process. The bottom is actually open its just too long, next time I'll shorten the pattern just a bit.

Looks like maybe a little 'fuzzy' at the top (or just the pic?), but the color looks pretty good, stitches are consistent, slots aren't "wollered out' to no end (see a lot of that lately). Overall, I like it (though, I personally WOULD cut the bottom right off there :) )

It's a nice lookin' holster. The stitch lines are straight, the color's good and the design allows a full grip before unholstering.

I agree that the stitch lines would look better parallel and to me the bottom would look better either stitched or trimmed.

newsnubby_zpsa9c57b1f.jpg

I personally prefer an open bottom holster.