Uwe

Hello From Detroit

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself here since I signed up a few weeks ago and spend a fair bit of time reading other member's posts.

I'm located in Garden City, Michigan, just outside of Detroit. I'm a German import, originally from southern Germany by Lake Constance (Bodensee) near the swiss border.

I'm mainly interested in making bags and accessories, although I should probably consider doing adult leather gear for many of my friends.

By training and education I'm a computer programmer and engineer, and a self-taught photographer.

I do mostly hand stitched items right now, but I'm looking into sewing machines for future work. I have a Consew 225, and I'm tinkering with a new Pfaff 335 right now.

I set up an etsy shop with my first few creations here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RawCargo

Happy New Year!

Uwe (pronounced OO-veh)

Welcome to a great forum .. My wife is from Duisburg, and I was born in Detroit.. We both are now in Tennessee..