Tramps Leatherworking

Distressed Biker Patch

Here is my latest distressed biker patch, it was a bespoke item from a friend in an MC...

This is a Tramp (Me) original design.

post-56301-0-19684500-1421473089_thumb.j

OMG, he is awesome. Great work, David!

Thanks Randi...!

Looks great, have you done any of the logos? I did a few Indian themed patches and the guys on an Indian forum went Banzai on me for infringement, so that's the last of that. Funny how it's OK for countless tattoo artist to do the copyright INDIAN script logo though, they even have a pinned thread dedicated to it without a single thought as to it being infringement. Only a handful of the guys had a problem with it and most were siding with me. Polaris, the mother company of Indian Motorcycles has moved a long time parts plant from Wisconsin to Mexico, and most of their patches are made on Chinese embroidery machines. Funny how they still maintain the Native American as their icon.

Looks great, have you done any of the logos? I did a few Indian themed patches and the guys on an Indian forum went Banzai on me for infringement, so that's the last of that. Funny how it's OK for countless tattoo artist to do the copyright INDIAN script logo though, they even have a pinned thread dedicated to it without a single thought as to it being infringement. Only a handful of the guys had a problem with it and most were siding with me. Polaris, the mother company of Indian Motorcycles has moved a long time parts plant from Wisconsin to Mexico, and most of their patches are made on Chinese embroidery machines. Funny how they still maintain the Native American as their icon.

Thanks for the comment! Yeah, I think sometimes people get a little hypocritical when it comes to trademarked items --- I wonder how many millions of HD tattoos are out there? Since I design all my patch images, I don't really worry about copyrighted/trademarked images. However, I know of a stone "yard art" business, and a wood carving business, and both sell HD logoed items.

I have a good customer that owns a tattoo shop, and he was at my leather shop when I was making that patch --- he made the comment that it would make a great tattoo, so it wouldn't surprise me to see it on someone's arm someday --- a variation of that image is also my leather business logo.

Edited by Tramps Leatherworking

Very cool! I think it would be cool to do patches.