nelz

New Girl From West Africa

Lasts??!! Help! Please!

Hi everyone! This is Nelz from Nigeria West Africa. I started working with leather towards the end of 2013. I make bags, sandals e.t.c I spent 1 month learning from a shoemaker. I have issues with lasts I don't know how to use them properly. If I'm making stuff for guys I use my brothers feet ( sometimes I have to grovel) and I use my feet for girls. If the customer is available I take measurements of the person's feet. I have some lasts at home and I need to know how to use them properly. I tried to upload samples of my work from my cell

to no avail. Maybe I'm not tech savvy enough?

Welcome to the best site on the internet!
I can't help much with the shoe last questions, but for the pics.........Select "choose files" at the bottom left of the reply window. Once you choose the pics to upload, the file will appear in a gray line right above the 'attach files" option and you have to click "attach to post" on the right side of the screen to get them to show up.

You can also store your pics on a 3rd party site and insert a link to that pic. The 'button' to do that is the little green square (below and just left of the smiley face) in the option panel for your replies. If you don't see the option panel in the 'quick reply' section, choose "more reply options".

post-5374-0-59545200-1422283632_thumb.jp

Tim answers questions on this topic.

Hi Nelz,

Welcome to this great site. I hope you tell your brother that he better hope he needs a pair of shoes he doesn't come looking to you for a free pair. This is unless he offers up his feet without having to beg him.

Hello Nelz and welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the best site on the internet!

I can't help much with the shoe last questions, but for the pics.........Select "choose files" at the bottom left of the reply window. Once you choose the pics to upload, the file will appear in a gray line right above the 'attach files" option and you have to click "attach to post" on the right side of the screen to get them to show up.

You can also store your pics on a 3rd party site and insert a link to that pic. The 'button' to do that is the little green square (below and just left of the smiley face) in the option panel for your replies. If you don't see the option panel in the 'quick reply' section, choose "more reply options".

ctrlboard.JPG

Thanks I'll do that. I'm working on something now. I'll put it up hopefully before the week runs out.

Hello Nelz and welcome to the forum!

Hello Nelz and welcome to the forum![/quote

Hi, thanks.