GleDel

Vegetable Tanned Leather In Belgium

Hello,

I'm new to leather working. (One month or so)

I would like to buy some (full-grain) vegetable tanned leather in Belgium. I was wondering if there are some actual shops or even tanneries where you can buy vegetable tanned leather.

I know i can order online, but I would really prefer to see the leather before i buy it.

Tanneries Masure has a open to public day on Monday, April 20th, 2015 from 2pm to 5pm. their address is Rue des Tanneurs 140 - 7730 Estaimbourg - Belgium

one of the finest tannery in europe.

Thank you for the info. Perhaps I can get a day off at work.

hi

did you had a chance on buying leather from mentioned Masure tannery?

On 12-3-2016 at 7:19 AM, nrk said:

hi

did you had a chance on buying leather from mentioned Masure tannery?

Yes I did. 

1 hour ago, GleDel said:

Yes I did. 

I wonder, if there is someone, or maybe you, who could help me to get few shoulders? cause there is a huge minimum order directly from them in q-ty and money (

You can check this page http://www.masure.be/en/news-and-exhibitions for any upcoming open sales. You can buy shoulders by the piece on those moments. 

I'm not planning to go to Masure anytime soon since I have plenty of leather at home atm.

You can also buy decent shoulders (And other ..) over here (http://www.dierenhuiden.be/index.php?action=home〈=NL)

7 hours ago, GleDel said:

You can check this page http://www.masure.be/en/news-and-exhibitions for any upcoming open sales. You can buy shoulders by the piece on those moments. 

I'm not planning to go to Masure anytime soon since I have plenty of leather at home atm.

You can also buy decent shoulders (And other ..) over here (http://www.dierenhuiden.be/index.php?action=home〈=NL)

thank you

Hi;

My name is Scott Gardner and I bought a building which used to house a company called D&W Leather. The owner passed away and the children did not want to bother with anything in here, so we bought the building and everything inside. I have a cart full of shoulders (we have sold a few and were told they are excellent, by a holster maker in Texas) but still have plenty. If you are interested I would be happy to cut a strip and send it to you for examination. Let me know your thoughts.

The picture below shows a sketch book we made with a piece of it. It is 1/8" thick and vegetable tanned. Oh, and FYI, we have a building full of leather equipment, 55 gallons of a custom tanning compound he had made for his business, tons of rivets, etc.

We are located in North Carolina and have a corporate UPS account so shipping is not as bad as it might otherwise be.

uc?export=download&id=0B-Tc5IHyjfobbFJEQ

Edited by goldstamping
added our location

2 hours ago, goldstamping said:

Hi;

My name is Scott Gardner and I bought a building which used to house a company called D&W Leather. The owner passed away and the children did not want to bother with anything in here, so we bought the building and everything inside. I have a cart full of shoulders (we have sold a few and were told they are excellent, by a holster maker in Texas) but still have plenty. If you are interested I would be happy to cut a strip and send it to you for examination. Let me know your thoughts.

The picture below shows a sketch book we made with a piece of it. It is 1/8" thick and vegetable tanned. Oh, and FYI, we have a building full of leather equipment, 55 gallons of a custom tanning compound he had made for his business, tons of rivets, etc.

We are located in North Carolina and have a corporate UPS account so shipping is not as bad as it might otherwise be.

uc?export=download&id=0B-Tc5IHyjfobbFJEQ

message sent )