Sign in to follow this  
MADMAX22

Whats this machine?

Hey guys just wondering what type of singer this is if you can tell from the pic and is it suitable for smaller stuff like wallets, purses, hand bags.

Thanks for any info . Sorry about the poor photo but its a craigslisting and pretty cheap and close to where I live.

Also the singer artison 20U, is that a decent sewing machine. Found one for $100 with table.

sewing_machine.jpg

post-5781-1226989965_thumb.jpg

Edited by MADMAX22

Hey guys just wondering what type of singer this is if you can tell from the pic and is it suitable for smaller stuff like wallets, purses, hand bags.

Thanks for any info . Sorry about the poor photo but its a craigslisting and pretty cheap and close to where I live.

Also the singer artison 20U, is that a decent sewing machine. Found one for $100 with table.

Hi,

I'm not 100% certain, but I think that it is a Singer Model 650 domestic sewing machine. Although it would probably sew very thin leathers, it would not really be suitable for serious leather work.

The Singer 20U would not be much better, as it is intended for fabric sewing and embroidery and has a zig zag capability. I am sure there are plenty of cheap industrials, which would be a much better choice, available, if you hunt about a bit.

Steve

Edited by SteveBrambley

Thanks Steve, and the search continues.

when looking for a machine look for industrial or upholstry machine you might have better luck in the search. Bronc

Thanks will do, Ive just been looking in the craigs list in my area to see whats available. If I see something at a decent price Ill jump on it but then again I dont know exactly what Im looking for.

Ive got a few names to keep my eyes open for but most of them are pretty darn pricey lol.