I am trying to figure out how make a shaving roll like the one pictured below. I will be using a 2.5 oz horse hide for the pockets and innards, but I am trying to figure out whether to make the zippered pockets like the ones here, and not really understanding how they were done, and making them gusseted but with a gusset that goes the whole way round and is zippered . If that makes any Damn sense. Anyhow, any ideas are appreciated or if anyone has done something similar, any advice. I've been pouring over my Stohllman books, and a few others, trying to find the right pocket, and am still having a hard time wrapping my head around it. Thanks, y'all.

post-56629-0-13651000-1433796598_thumb.j

The almost identical bag can be found here http://buffalojackson.com/mens-leather-toiletry-kit-bag.html or here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GP30EHK/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00GP30EHK&linkCode=as2&tag=carryology0d-20&linkId=TLVZ37TK43462I2Q

Maybe the pictures and the dimensions provided there will help. The pockets themselves are really easy. Just stitched on the inside and on the corners, flipped over and stitched to the inside layer. The leathers around the zippers are for reinforcement purposes.

The second bag is slightly different from your original picture which is from Amazon as well http://www.amazon-associate.com/Vetelli-Premium-Hanging-Toiletry-Bag/dp/B00SDDKAEM

Dimensions are 21" x 12" unfolded.

it looks like the instde is canvas, but from the pictures at amazon you should be able to make a pattern

good luck

Thanks for the links! The buffalo Jackson pictures gave me what I needed. I was mostly confused with how the corners were done, because I don't think I can do that with 2.5-3 oz leather, ( I could but it would bunch up around the seem ) so I am going to have to do it a little different . Thanks!

Also, I will be stitching all of this by hand, so it pays to be really sure ! In the Amazon link , they clearly just glue a strip to cover the stitch line in between the pockets- I think the one on Amazon is one continuous piece of 'canvas' and just brought in in-between the pockets. I really appreciate the insight, and am so glad to have this resource.