For the past couple of days I've had a cold and haven't felt like doing much. I've been browsing on YouTube watching videos (what else?) and found those by Paul Sellers on woodworking. I don't do woodwork but I know several people on this forum do.

I find them just relaxing to watch. Alright, I know I'm British and possibly a bit biased, but nevertheless it's simply a joy to watch an expert craftsman at work.

There are a couple of sharpening videos that could be useful though. One on scissors, and one on chisels; the techniques could easily be used for leather knives.

Just put 'paul sellers woodworking' into YouTube's search box

Actually I think, exspecially for the hobbyists, leatherwork and woodworking are kind of connected. There are a lot of guys who build there own workbenches, stitching clamps/ponys and stuff, in addition there are a lot of forms for bags, wet forming/molding and stuff you can make out of wood (plus some tools you can use for both crafts ^^).
I know some videos of him and yes, it is nice to watch him. He is this kind of handtool woodworker who know what he is doing (which is not that often these days ^^).
But about sharpening videos.... I don´t know how much videos are out there. I still think, that you learn sharpening by just doing it and by trying out a couple of different techniques/materials. You will find your own way, which is the only one that will fit exactly for you. In the end, most of those sharpening videos tell you the same anyway, maybe with those exceptions of "use oil stones" vs "us water stones" or "use the green compund" vs "stropping is inefficient".

So all in all: Yes, I think having a look into woodworking is a good idea, but I think it´s funny that you pointed out exspecially the sharpening videos ;)

Paul Sellers is awesome. He has a great sharpening video on YouTube.