Sign in to follow this  
rgerbitz

Bosal

Hey all I had posted this prior to "incident". Thought I would try for a second opinion. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Rob Gerbitz

The_Stokes.JPG

post-5521-1199751857_thumb.jpg

Very nice looking Rob, i'm wanting to learn this braiding thing, it intriques me greatly.

Ken

Nice work, I need to introduce you to my wife, shes been dying to learn to do that, how long did it take?

I am still very new to braiding. The nose button took about 21/2 hours on the fouth and final attempt. the braiding around the core took about 11/2 hours. And the heel knot took about 2 - 3 hours. There were about 2 weeks of after work and weekends in hide prep and string cutting and beveling. I gave the bosal to a friend in trade for some ranch roping lessons. Even if I had charged him for it I might have made about 0.10 per hour. I sure did enjoy seeing it done. I am currently working on one for my wife... wonder what kind of trade we might come up with.

Very very nice work.

For those who are interested in the whole braiding/knotting thing, let me direct your gaze towards www.khww.net. I hope this is ok - I promote this site there, so guess turnabout might be fair play.

Knotting & braiding are my specialties (braiding - accomplished. Knotting - not so much!)

Looks great. Making a bit hobble should be trivial for you after looking at this. What kind of cutter / beveler do you use?

Mike

Hey Mega,

After seeing your bit hobble I was inspired to give one a try. Can't say that I was to pleased, but wife liked it, and slapped it on a bridle before I could let the dogs have it for a chew toy. Here is a picture of the beveler/cutter I use. Thank you for your input. I saw your hobble and the braiding looked good.

004.JPG

post-5521-1199965498_thumb.jpg