Sign in to follow this  
gicts

watch band help

My sweet heart's father is a big guy....really big. She asked me for Christmas to take 2 of his old watches he enjoyed wearing and make wrist bands 2 inches longer than the largest wrist band that's on it (the biggest replacement which he could find produced) so he could wear it. :jawdropper:

After looking them over, I'm pretty comfortable with the strap part. Simple one piece,fold in half and stitch. I'll need to find a pretty tiny hole punch though! When it comes to the buckle strap, I'm having problems seeing how it is cut and assembled. Any help or pics would really be appreciated. Thanks!

try here ,http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=2532389&rid=2003

but the buckle part is the same way with two folds and a skived joint underneath . depending on leather thickness and watch/springbar distance you may need to skive/thin out the area at the lugs to get it to fit.

i am still a rookie so the pros might some more info.

My sweet heart's father is a big guy....really big. She asked me for Christmas to take 2 of his old watches he enjoyed wearing and make wrist bands 2 inches longer than the largest wrist band that's on it (the biggest replacement which he could find produced) so he could wear it. :jawdropper:

After looking them over, I'm pretty comfortable with the strap part. Simple one piece,fold in half and stitch. I'll need to find a pretty tiny hole punch though! When it comes to the buckle strap, I'm having problems seeing how it is cut and assembled. Any help or pics would really be appreciated. Thanks!

thanks for the link. Kinda needed to see it in action. For the life of me I can't figure out how he slipped the buckle in!

Edited by gicts

Never mind, I think I got it. Still going to need a lot of trial and error, but I think I've got the rough process under my belt.

59038877tw0.gif

w800.png

thpix.gif19839789sk0.gif

w800.png

thpix.gif

64004582im0.gif

w800.png

thpix.gif

70122388ot9.gif

http://imageshack.us' rel="external nofollow">

Edited by gicts

some buckle come with springbar.screws that can be mounted after the strap is done and not sewn in. which makes it easier to work with the strap .

panatime.com has some decntly priced buckles.