Hey y'all,

First off this is my first post, so if there's something I didn't do right feel free to holler at me. This is also one of the first things I've ever made, so critique me if you would but I felt proud enough of it to post it under show-off! It's a card-holding iPhone 6 case I made for my girlfriend (its actually the 3rd in a line of mess-ups). It holds 2 or 3 cards in it under the tooled leather. I found the case on eBay for $4 with free shipping from China and it had a fake leather back glued onto it, so I ripped that off and made a stencil for the veg tan. It's actually 2 layers of 3-4 oz leather that are stitched together and the bottom one is cemented onto the case (I first tried sewing one layer on through the phone case but the rubber case messed up the thread and it looked pathetic). About 2 months after I finished it, Tandy came out with their rubber iPhone cases with a leather inlay, so I feel kind of special that mine holds cards and was made before everyone could jump on the corporate machine bandwagon. Like I said, I'm totally a rookie so please let me know what I could do better!

post-56873-0-02138300-1439343608_thumb.j

post-56873-0-77896300-1439343613_thumb.j

For a first one( of 3 :) ) it looks good. I suggest you learn how to saddle stitch. It will look better and is much stronger. It looks like your leather might have been to damp when you tooled it. All you need is practice. You have a good start.

Very nice!

Great job just keep doing it. I learn as I go on a lot of things.  YouTube is a great resource for learning.