Finally got the nerve to try a toe plug and can say I am please. The leather I was using was a little "wrinkly". I was pleased at the stitch spacing maintenance inside and outside radius but the double back stitch then just looks chunky... but that is where Mr. Stohlman says to do it.

I left the edges just burnished as I don't feel edge paint is really period myself.. funny which projects I do and don't edge paint.... Any toe plug tip would be appreciate or general constructive comments on the holster itself. I did learn not to start tooling too late at night as there are certainly some "Persian Flaws" as a result but I think I will see them ore than anyone else. There is after all only one perfect "Maker" and it sure ain't me!

This is show with a Crosman Shiloh which replicates the Remington 1861 New Army

And now I am hooked an want to build more with plugs and already have another on the go for a Crosman SA6 Colt SAA clone.

Anyhow have look the giggle even. Thanks.

post-51902-0-30740900-1441568418_thumb.j

post-51902-0-95445800-1441568442_thumb.j

post-51902-0-85356900-1441568461_thumb.j

Nice work

I don't think there is a person that wouldn't be happy with that holster. I haven't tried the toe plug yet even though I've had a holster ready to cut out for months now. Hope mine turns out half as good as yours...

Thanks all. I am very pleased. And you should get out the your project and just get it completed.

I am just waiting fro the main seam glue to dry on the SAA version. Much better tooling because A) it isn't late at night and B ) I am looking at the trouble spots on the first one and avoiding them! That's the good thing about having previous projects still available to look at.

Edited by plinkercases

Very nice work and good looking holster.