panchoskywalker

How To Remove These Pen Stains?

I always buy leather remnant as it allows me to get different leather for small amount of money but sometimes it comes with these stains that are made with crayons(?)

I already tried alcohol and acetone to remove them, it works but does not remove all of it.

Any idea guys?

21mzpmw.jpg

Lime or lemon juice if you already have it.

Thanks for that tip, I would have never thought about it. I will try it.

They will take some stains off of leather. Maybe you will get lucky and they will work for you.

If it is crayon try a brown paper bag and a warm iron. THe crayon will melt and flow in the the bag. It works on fabric. I have never tried it on leather.

We get those marks in on scrap. They are to point out flaws. We have not found anything that will remove them, but they can be covered (if you are willing to lose the pull-up effect). You can cover with Leather Refinish or with Meltonian Nu-Life spray. You could try spot remover (Dyo, Fiebing's), Nu-Life Color Prep, Fiebing's Dye Prep or deglazer, fingernail polish remover, or acetone... but these will also lift dye. I do not know what kind of crayon/paint/grease marker is used but that stuff is stubborn!