DavidL

Company That Sells Metal Pattern Templates ?

Any one have a source of a metal pattern template cut by a laser. I've seen acrylic templates but I even cut into acrylic rulers. I cant quite get the angle right to avoid over cut, under cut, cutting into the ruler and cutting off the pattern.. So metal seems like the way to go.

The metal templates will turn your leather black where it rubs against the damp leather, unless your talking about a clicker dye of some kind.

Thats true I didnt think of that.

I dont usually mould leather but it is definately limits things.

I make a lot of laser cut acrylic templates and wish I could throw some metal in there but its a no go. Lasers wont cut through metal. What you are looking for is waterjet cutting. The makerspace I am apart of has a waterjet but we arent allowed to use it without contracting an employee. Otherwise Id be making metal templates all day.

I make a lot of laser cut acrylic templates and wish I could throw some metal in there but its a no go. Lasers wont cut through metal. What you are looking for is waterjet cutting. The makerspace I am apart of has a waterjet but we arent allowed to use it without contracting an employee. Otherwise Id be making metal templates all day.

Lasers can cut metal.... if yours doesn't it might be because it is a smaller power laser and you might not be doing it right. I am a member of a makerspace and we don't have a high power laser but we have cut thinner metal with it...

you can also use a plasma cutter...

Edited by biglew

My steel (stainless) and my aluminum ruler doesn't darken the leather, so you can definitely use either of those two, and maybe you can also use brass.

Lasers can cut metals, although some have difficulties or so I've been told, but they can also be cut using water (water jet cutting?)

Edited by simontuntelder