zuludog

Cleaning Paintbrushes Please

What sort of solvent can I use to clean leather dye, please?

I'm using Fiebings oil dye, and up till now I've applied it with a cotton bud or a dauber, and just discarded them when I'd finished

Today I used a small paintbrush, and tried to clean it with paraffin/kerosene, but it's not touching it

Edited by zuludog

Isopropyl alcohol perhaps?

Cheers!

I use 90% rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) if needed, and then follow that with running water and brush cleaner http://www.amazon.com/General-Pencil-Company-Masters-Preserver/dp/B0009RRT9Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443110240&sr=8-1&keywords=artist+brush+cleaner

Bill

OK I've just experimented with methylated spirits, which is the British name for ethanol intended for hobby and camping stove use, and it works well. Thankyou.

I was introduced to the 'Love Potion' by an UT Artist major. It is available at most craft shops.....Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Joann's etc. Use a coupon and you will save more because this stuff is expensive, but worth it. Oil, spirit or acrylic, doesn't matter. This little container has lasted me quite a spell since I purchased the last one.....almost 1.5 years. Check out this video.