sscow

Double Shoulder Rig For A Mac 10

So I got a group of guys wanting to comission a batch of these. Never made a harness/ double rig before. Wet molding the mag pouches won't be a problem. Looking for patterns or any advice before I make the decision to make or not to make the order. The back piece looks like suade. What weight leather is traditionally used? How do I go about measuring. Any advice is welcome.

Edited by sscow

Based off your picture it looks a lot like the AL Stohlman shoulder rig that has been modified. It looks like the strap that holds the Mac 10 in place has some snaps attached to the gun itself. I could be wrong but that is what it looks like. I googled the length of a Mac 10 and with the stock folded/collapsed it is approximately 10.5 inches. Based on your picture I measured the Mac 10 and it is about an inch on my phone. I then measured the strap holding the Mac 10 and it is roughly the same size as the fire arm. I would say a strap 10 to 10.5 would be a good starting point.this project would be difficult to do without the firearm but it is do able. Good luck

Edited by glockanator

The secret service use to carry sub machine guns in a similar rig. I believe they used Uzis and not Macs though.

Wild looking! If you take on the job make sure to post some pictures.

Sorry, Can't give any advice on measurements. :dunno:

157cc7c82a74a5ef60c52085bd1e8b07_zpsfezr

Here is an DeSantis Uzi shoulder rig