My first rig, did it for my son who is competing in CAS in Sweden.

It was fun doing it.

post-33618-0-32511800-1445340645_thumb.j

post-33618-0-67416200-1445340665_thumb.j

I like it! But I think, It would be better if it would be lining.

Hi, If you mean a stitching line for decoration, some like it, I don´t. Besides this rig is made for heavy use, not for show. If you mean a thinner leather on the inside I can see the point.

But I wanted to make an ordinary 1870-1880 rig as authentic as possible. Lining was out of the question.

No offense, just my opinion.

Freehand

Edited by Freehand

I like it, looks great. I think he meant he'd like it better if it was lined with another piece of leather. Lining it would indeed make it a beautiful rig but might be overkill for what you were intending. I do my cartridge loops the same way pulling each loop through a slot in the belt. I think that looks nicer than to have it on the outside. I've always stitched inbetween the loops though, I presume yours are glued and then stitched every few loops or just at the ends? Do you find that the loops ever separate from the belt? That would be my only concern with not stitching every loop. Great job on the rig, I'm sure your son will be thrilled.

Stu

I'm not the intended son, and I'm thrilled already as is ! ---Wild Bill46

Thanks for your comments. Appreciate it.

The loops are secured at the ends with Chicago Screws. The loop leather was wet and shrinked to the right size.

I can always loosen the screws and make it more tight. Next rig I will consider sewing between. Thanks for the idea.

Thanks again

Thanks for your comments. Appreciate it.

The loops are secured at the ends with Chicago Screws. The loop leather was wet and shrinked to the right size.

I can always loosen the screws and make it more tight. Next rig I will consider sewing between. Thanks for the idea.

Thanks again

I hadn't though of chicago screws, that's a good idea. Just be aware the stitching each of those loops can be a bit tedious and would be the perfect application for a sewing machine. Especially on a belt like that where you cot so many to do.

Stu