fredham

How To Add Round Leather Lace As Protection/decoration Between The Leather Sides In The Stitching?

Hi guys!

I admire the bags, which have this kind of round lace in the stitching between the leather sides, but Im wondering how I pratically do the work. I guess it functions as protection/decoration, but I can't exactly figure out how its done and what the name for this is called

I have attached a pic of an example

I hope anyone have some knowlegde on this area - no matter what then thanks!!

Have a nice weekend:)

Frederik

post-65677-0-32265900-1446801682_thumb.j

thanks Bonecross!

I'll find some more info about leather piping then:)

Cut a strip of leather about 1" (25 mm) wide, wrap it around a core, such as cord, plastic, etc. Stitch it together. There are special sewing machine presser feet available to help make a neat job. Can do it without, but is a little more difficult. Then assemble the bag inside out with the corded piece between the two pieces you are joining. You can take some scrap and try it out before you do the real thing. Experiment, get a feel for it. Practice.

If you do a search you should be able to find some pictures to help understand the process. Often used in upholstery. Don't limit your search to leather.

Tom

Thanks Tom!

Your description creates some clear pictures in my head, so I feel ready to proceed with the leather piping until I master this discipline

Nice weekend to you