Sign in to follow this  
jk215

Thread Is Bouncing Out Of Thread Controller... Any Ideas?

Hello all. The machine is a consew 206rb-5. I am running #92 thread / 18 needle. Everything has been fine up until today and I cant figure out why this is happening.

I thread the machine as I normally do and started to notice that after I pull the thread up from the thread controller and past the wire spring it doesnt sit evenly on top of that little nipple. It is kind of laying off to the side unless I physically move it back. When sewing it will sometimes run fine but then randomly the thread will bounce out of the thread controller and obviously mess up whatever I am sewing.

Any ideas on what to check? I cleaned up some build up in the thread controller top area and re-threaded like 10 times. Of course this is happening during Christmas rush :bawling: .

Try looping the thread through all three guide holes. If the thread guide is currently set to horizontal, loosen its set screw and rotate it so the holes face down and re-tighten the set screw. Loop the thread around all 3 holes and come out the bottom. This increases the angle going to the tension disks and will help keep the thread inside them.

I've seen this one before, can really trip up and frustrate a user.

See attached, this should help correct this issue.

post-14272-0-15583400-1449499217_thumb.j