I am trying to offer more revolver holsters. Specifically for the K frame size 4" guns. I get a lot of request for different variations of the K frame but I only have a Model 10 with with a heavy barrel and a GP100 for dummy guns. I noticed today that the M10 and an M15 fit pretty well in a GP100 holster I made. The picture is the GP100 holster so you can have an idea of what it looks like. Does anyone else use just one dummy gun (GP100 or 686) as a "universal) revolver dummy gun or do you have one for each model?

post-60844-0-96705000-1450455949_thumb.j

Edited by mdwhitefield

You didn't add a picture of the 10 or teh 15 that fit "pretty well". I'd be surprised to see that, but interested.

My problem with the K frame mold is that it's a 38 only. The .357 has a beefier under lug. So I went and wrapped my mold's underlug with copper tubing. It took forever but I finally found an N frame mold. So now I have the J, K, L, N, and X frames. I try very hard to mold from the actual frame style. Revolvers are one thing I end up turning down a lot of business for because I just don't feel comfortable getting "close". That said, some frames do well across several firearms. I just did one for a Taurus 85 which is pretty much a J frame, which is what I have.

Yep, that's my take, too. The M85 and many of the j-frames with exposed hammer can be interchanged pretty well. But I wouldn't swap a k in an L-holster. That's too much room. Put a little 'forming' behind the cylinder, you could get it to hold a K (even upside down). For a while. When it breaks in, not so much ...

Duncan's usually has an N-frame in stock for those interested.

Edited by JLSleather

You are correct, the 10 would fall out of the Gp100 holster upside down after it has been worn a while. I'm sure the Gp100 will fall out to after a while too.

I am mainly trying to be able to build holsters for the 4" K frame. The 686 I am not to worried about because I can buy a bluegun for it or use the GP100. With the K frame it is harder to get the variations. The 4" K frame bluegun will cover the 10/64,13/65 with a heavy barrel, but then some of the 10/64 have pencil barrels. The 15/67 has adjustable sights and the 19/66 has adjustable sights with a half underlug so there are some big differences on a molded and pressed holster.

I would like a dummy gun for each model because like you I make holsters for the specific gun. I am trying to figure out if I am being to specific. My main problem is I have not been able to find a 15 dummy gun or a 19 dummy gun.

Edited by mdwhitefield

Duncan's sells a 19/66. I'm quite sure of it. I have one.

Intersting, I just made a holster for a GP100 using a Rings for the mold. The gentleman tried a SW K frame in it and it fit quite well but a bit looser than the GP100. I also use the same pattern for the N frame with a slightly bumped out stitch line.