The Travelling Lemon

Leatherworking Supplies In The Uk

Hi, I'm looking to try my hand at a bit of leatherworking, and most of the supplies I've found on the internet so far are from America. This has made me curious about what suppliers there are for tools and leather in the UK (where I live), and where different leatherworkers on this side of the Atlantic like to source their stuff from. Also, is there a sort of British equivalent of Tandy whose tools are a decent (and not too pricey) choice for someone starting out? Thanks a lot! :)

Yeah, except Dixon is not in business anymore so don't go trying to look for them because they're gone.

I live in Texas and the leather dealers here are such complete **** that even I order from Abbey England. The items cost about the same and I receive my order faster than ordering from the "dealers" in the US.

As far as being "pricy", you get what you pay for. Tandy sucks, so I never buy that stuff from anyone in the US or anywhere else.

Edited by 25b

Cheers guys! That's helped me out.

25b, shame about your local suppliers. And funny how your order from the UK arrived faster, not something I would have expected.

Yeah, I wouldn't have figured that either, but they are damn sure faster than any suppliers I've ordered from here. I'm not sure if Abbey England just has their proverbial "stuff" together or the US suppliers are just lazy/stupid or what the problem is, but I avoid ordering from any US supplier at all costs anymore. I don't have time for games, having them sit on their ass and not shipping my order for over a week, getting questionable quality leather or any of that crap...I just don't have the patience for it anymore.

I think you'll be happy with Abbey England...they should have most of what you need at fair prices.