First of all I want to thank JLS for his generous pattern and instruction downloads. It's really helpful to us beginners on here to have a few guys like him that don't mind sharing thier knowledge and experience with everyone so thanks from an old guy and as promised here is my first one. Hope you like it .. more to come.. post-57108-0-02459900-1452733191_thumb.jpost-57108-0-40154600-1452733219_thumb.jpost-57108-0-10104600-1452733258_thumb.j

Lines lookin' straight, and the stitchin' looks good. I even like the inlay, though ostrich aint m' favrite ;) Not sure why, but your stitch line looks quite a ways from the trigger guard. Did you have some stretch in there? Your leather should form a bit of a corner under the turns, a bit like this..

post-13153-0-34681000-1452735995_thumb.j

If it doesn't, it's likely due to leather stretch, or stitching too far outside one or more lines, or using leather notably thinner than suggested.

Edited by JLSleather

Nice work! The Glock 19, 23 and 32 are some of my favorites to build for.

I moved the stich lines over a bit because i never could get the 6" printout on my printer so being on the safe side for fit i moved them over. This was my first holster like this so it was more of a test for several things. And yes the leather was a little lighter than you suggest but was all I had . But I'm learning....

Learning is what those files are about, so that's good!

To get the correct scale, you may have settings at your printer AND in the program you use to open the file (usually Acrobat).

Did you try to make the mag carrier too? Still good practice, don't use up much leather, and more important you can see if it prints correctly (might show you the setting that's causing you trouble).

no I haven't tried the mag pouch yet but I think I have my 6" sizing fixed but I already started a 1911 with the small pattern it came out ok but a little tight because I lined it I will post so you can see.. the next ones will be a true 6" layout thanks again.. Roger..