Sign in to follow this  
Ian

#24 snap setter

After buying and trying every hand held snap setter on the market I finally said "enough already". Broke down and ordered the Heritage setter from Weaver. This baby is GREAT. Unlike the little bench top jobs 'others' are selling, this is an industrial quality machine (much bigger than it looks in the catalog). Large, heavy and very well made. Best part it was only $95 bucks. The die set was pricey at $71, but I think this is going to be a Godsend. Oh, and it sets the snaps perfectly!

1ab.JPG

post-6120-1229032109_thumb.jpg

I've got the same one. Which die set are you using for the Line 24 snaps?

I bought an old kick press that I want to set up for doing that. Those die's are really high. Does anyone know of a good place that you can get them cheaper?

Art

I bought an old kick press that I want to set up for doing that. Those die's are really high. Does anyone know of a good place that you can get them cheaper?

Art

seems to be the general price - Ohio Travel Bag is even more expensive

Tandy has the Craft tool version of this snap setter on sale right now... at least my local one did. I bought mine yesterday for $90. I also got the L24 dies for $50... I think they are regularly $60.

This thing is freakin sweet. My old hand held snap setter was mushrooming bad and has lost at least an inch since I started using it last year. I got sick of smashing my fingers and taking so much time to set a simple snap. Best early birthday present ever!!!!!

Art, just so you know, there is a difference between dies made for American made and European made presses. They are not interchangeable. The European dies are threaded on the top die. Also the post on the bottom die for European made presses is too big to fit an American press.

Edited by Ian

Thanks!

Art